World Of Warcraft is an MMORPG that has been on the market for over 10 years and it's almost impossible for you to talk to someone who plays on PC and doesn't know you or has had the least interest in playing it.
But the biggest obstacle for WoW to bring in new players is its monthly amount.Unlike other games Blizzard makes it possible for you to be a player up to the maximum level in World Of Warcraft, you must pay the monthly fee and have the current expansion.
How do expansions work?
By the time this article was written, wow has 8 expansions (including the base game) and by the end of 2020 the ninth expansion called World Of Warcraft: Shadowlands will be released.
Each expansion releases a range of new content, such as new maps, customizations, new lore stories, raids, dungeons, and many other things related to PvP and PvE.
What are wow expansions?
The expansions are:
- World Of Warcraft, also known as World Of Warcraft: Vanilla is the base game, that is, the first content the player has access to. The game was officially released on November 23, 2004;
- World Of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade., is the first expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on January 16, 2007;
- World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King., is the second expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on November 13, 2008;
- World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. is the third expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on December 7, 2010;
- World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria., is the fourth expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on September 25, 2012;
- World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor., is the fifth expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on November 13, 2014;
- World of Warcraft: Legion., is the sixth expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on August 30, 2016;
- World of Warcraft: Battle for Azeroth., is the seventh expansion of World Of Warcraft, officially released on August 14, 2018;
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands., is the eighth expansion of World Of Warcraft, its is scheduled for October 26, 2020.
What about the gold? What about the value?
To explain the value of WoW, it was first necessary to understand what expansions are. Now that I've explained it, let's get to business.
As I mentioned earlier, to play the latest content from wow it is necessary to have the expansion. I will use as a reference the pre-release values of shadowlands.
As of today, when paying the monthly fee the player has access to all content until legion.expansion, i.e. all content up to level 110.
When you reach level 110, you'll need to have the Battle For Azeroth expansion. The lowest value available for the expansion is the standard edition in the amount of R$139.90. Expansions are purchased only once, that is, you pay the expansion amount and already have access to the content as long as you have active monthly fees.
Also, as we are close to the launch of a new expansion, we have the pre-sale of Shadowlands. Once the expansion is launched, it will work equal to BFA. The lowest amount available for the expansion is the Base Edition in the amount of R$120.00. But to buy Shadowlands, you must have already purchased the Battle For Azeroth expansion. There is a package called World of Warcraft®: Complete Collection that includes both expansions in its version with greater benefits, BFA and Shadowlands and also 30 days of play, its current value is $ 300.00.
In short, you can spend $ 300.00 with everything or buy the basic versions and spend $ 259.90 (not including a monthly fee).
And how does the monthly fee work?
In addition to buying the expansions, it is necessary to have game time, the value of a month of play is $ 28.90, which can be purchased by clicking here.
And you can also buy game time with GOLD. For this, just you buy a wow chip. The price in gold varies according to the moment, there are several sites that accompany this variation, what I recommend is WoWTokenPrices, it has a chart that shows the evolution and the current value of the sheet by region.
After all, how much does it all cost?
If you are going to start playing now, the recommended is to buy a month of play to see if you enjoy the game. After that if you enjoyed it, buy the World of Warcraft®: Complete Collection package worth $300. For it gives you access to the two expansions and a month of play, as well as mounts, mascots and etc.
If you bought the expansions, simply purchase game time with gold or for $28.90 (if it's only a month). The best method for those who started playing is with money, and later if you have gold farm methods, buy the monthly fee with wow token.