Hello my loves, all right with you? Welcome to the third article in the Ny'alotha raid guide, the Bfa Awakening City, this is a translation of the guide originally created in wowhead and focuses on chief Maut! The original guide can be accessed Ny'alotha Raid Strategy Guides For All Bosses by FatbossTV – Now Live!
With the obsessive use of power that N'Zoth granted him, Vexiona raised a cult of worshippers who covet the gifts of Chaos. From the top of her temple in the Black Empire, she transforms the most devout followers into ruthless horrors.
Requires level: 120
Dungeon type: Raid
Raid Wing: 1 – Visions of Destiny
Number of players: 10/30
Zone ID: 10522
Added in patch: 220.127.116.11062
General Information About Fighting
Maut is a two-stage encounter that revolves around the boss's mana. During the first phase, players need to properly perform the mechanics and avoid the skills to reduce the rate at which the boss gains mana. During phase two, the raid must damage the boss's mana bar while absorbing the spheres that grant mana that are heading toward the boss.
The loot level of this boss is:
|Armor||Weapons||Rings and Trines||Azerite Items|
|Greaves of Forbidden Magics
Living Obsidian Legguards
Boots of Manifest Shadow
|Sk'shuul Vaz – This weapon has the effect of obsidian skin corruption, it increases the corruption of your character by 50.
An'zig Vra – This weapon has the effect of corruption Devour Vitality, it increases the corruption of your character by 35.
|Sigil of Warding
Forbidden Obsidian Claw
|Pauldrons of Ill Portent
In addition to the above items, you can drop the Muar mascot.
- Move away and spread out when you are hit by (Spell #307805), but don't go far away as you'll need to use the zones (Spell #307839) they leave behind.
- Stay within a zone (Spell #307839) to avoid being hit by (Spell #308044).
- Tanks should swap the aggro for each other while their buildups (Spell #307399) end (usually around 2-4).
- Run to next to one (Spell #307839) with the (PNJ #156650) and kill the adds that arise from it as soon as possible.
- Move the (PNJ #156650) to an area (Spell #307839) to stop the cast of the (Spell #308872). (Get him out of there later!)
- Keep the (PNJ #156650) always at least 20 meters away from the boss.
- Join the boss and use all abilities through his mana shield before he finishes cading (Spell #305722) .
- A DPS with good mobility should absorb any sphere of mana that travels towards the boss as soon as possible.
- After absorbing a mana sphere, stay close to the raid to spread the buff (Spell #306301) to your allies.
- Kill the boss before he gains too many buildups (Spell #306387)!
Skills & Strategies
During phase one, Maut passively deals a small amount of shadow damage to the entire raid every few seconds. This damage increases as Maut generates mana.
- The boss gains mana passively over time, as well as through some of his abilities, making this damage progressively more dangerous.
- Healers just need to be aware that by the end of the first phase, the raid will likely be taking considerably high damage.
Every 25 seconds, multiple players will be marked with the debuff (Spell #307805).
- The number of players affected with the debuff is escalated with raid size, with 1 debuff being applied to every 5 players.
- After these 6-second debuffs expire, they deal a magical damage blast to all players within a 9 m radius, and secure the boss's mana for each player hit.
- Zones also make all players or creatures within it immune to damage and healing, while also silencing them. It doesn't affect the boss.
- (Spell #307839) last until the end of the phase, when they detonato damage anyone inside them.
- Players focused on (Spell #307805) should put their debuffs away from others, but not far away, as players need access to the zones (Spell #307839) they leave behind.
- We recommend that at least one (Spell #307805) expire near the melee players, to allow melee players to enter it without having to get out of melee range.
Every ~ 40 seconds, the boss uses (Spell #308044), which deals lethal shadow damage to all players.
Every ~40 seconds, Maut launches (PNJ #156650) creating a black hole that drags all players in his direction.
- After 6 seconds, it explodes, causing a major explosion of damage to anyone within a 12-meter radius.
- Immediately after detonation, an adds with the same name emerges from the black hole.
- An off-tank must keep the add at least 20 yards from Maut at all times, otherwise the boss will throw (Spell #309315), killing the add instantly while gaining any remaining mana that the add has.
- Ideally, tanks will take the aggro from the adds as soon as possible, so that the buildups (Spell #310129) are reduced to a minimum in any tank.
In addition, the add will use (Spell #308872), which gives the boss up to 20% mana remaining.
- This cast can only be stopped by dragging the add to a zone (Spell #307839).
- The off-tank should drag the add into the zone to interrupt the cast, but return rapidament, as the add would be immune to magical damage while inside the zone.
- All DPS should focus on eliminating the (PNJ #156650) as soon as possible, to ensure that there is no more than one live add at any time.
Upon reaching the full mana, Maut will move to the center of the meeting space and enter phase two.
- All zones (Spell #307839) will be detonators, so players should avoid them when transitions begin.
Maut is completely inactive during phase two, still in the middle of the room.
- During this phase, he is protected by his mana shield.Maut loses mana instead of health when he takes damage, and 100% of the damage received is reflected back on the attacker.
- The attack needs to break through its shield in 1 minute, otherwise it will use (Spell #305722), dealing lethal damage to the entire raid.
- DPS that uses large damage cooldowns may need to be careful when doing so, as they will receive a lot of reflected damage in return.
During this phase, an orb will appear every 10-15 seconds of a randomly selected pillar in the room.
- This orb travels towards Maut.Upon reaching it, it grants him 15% maximum mana, which can lead to a wipe due to (Spell #305722).
- Players can intercept the orb, causing it to detonate, dealing wide damage to the raid, which increases depending on the distance the orb traveled.
- Players who absorb the ball will gain the debuff (Spell #306301), which will blow them up after 6 seconds.
- This explosion grants allies within a 20-meter radius of 150% mana regeneration and 50% healing increased by 8 seconds.
Because ores can travel from any direction, several DPS with good mobility, such as hunters and mages, must intercept them.
- This should be done as soon as possible to minimize the amount of damage the sphere deals.
- Once absorbed, the player must return to the remainder of the raid to grant the buff (Spell #306301) to healers.
- The raid must accumulate directly next to the boss to benefit from area healing spells, as a reasonable amount of healing may be required during this phase.
With this healers recover all their mana until the end of phase two, as long as they receive each buff (Spell #306301), they should not worry about saving mana during phase one.
Maut will slowly drain his own mana shield during phase two, gaining a permanent increase in stacking damage.
- Players should try to get out of this phase as soon as possible, the longer the stage lasts, the more damage it will do for the rest of the match.
- This also acts as a pseudo-enraged, as the boss deals more and more damage each time he exits phase two.
Once Maut's mana shield is exhausted, the fight will return to phase one and continue to repeat until the boss is defeated.
Periodically, during phase one, Maut will focus on a random DPS and use it (Spell #305663).
- After a short cast, Maut triggers a major repulsion on a 40-yard cone, causing a moderate burst of physical damage.
- As this is geared only to the location of melee players, these players should try to stick together on one side of the boss while all the other players are on the other side.
- This doesn't always work, as melee players may need to change position when dealing with mechanics (such as a debuff (Spell #307805) or kill an add (PNJ #156650)).
- As a precaution, all players should position themselves in such a way that a knockback is not too harmful (such as ensuring that they are not played in a zone (Spell #307839)).
During phase two, Maut will periodically apply some debuffs (Spell #314992) to random players.
- These debuffs deal damage to the player while burning his mana for 8 seconds.
- Maut gains 1% mana every second this debuff is active.
- When the spell is removed, it deals moderate damage to the shadows and burns 10,000 mana from all allies within an 8-m radius.
When a player suffers (Spell #314992), he must quickly move away from the attack team to be safely dispelled.
- This ensures that the raid remains safe, but probably means that Maut can earn a considerable amount of mana.
- Alternatively, healers may just want to instantly dissipate these debuffs. This will damage the raid, but minimize the damage required to break maut's mana shield in time.
- This is a call your healers will need to make, as they should only disappear instantly if they are comfortable with it.
- The mana burn that occurs when the debuffs are removed does not grant mana to Maut, it only takes mana from the players, which is not a problem due to the constant flow of buffs (Spell #306301).
Approximately every minute during phase one, Maut applies a debuff (Spell #314337) to all players. These curse debuffs last 24 seconds and reduce players' movement speed by 15%.
- When the curse is removed before it expires, the entire raid takes a small amount of physical damage.
- If the curse expires naturally after 24 seconds, the player dies instantly.
- The raid should remove your debuffs over ~20 seconds in a staggered manner.
- If the entire raid removes its debuff at the same time, the combined damage would destroy the raid.
- We recommend that you do not have more than 4 people resetting at the same time, to prevent the damage caused by the raid being large.
- Tanks should not be reset in this manner, but must be removed by another player. This helps maintain consistent enemy positioning.
Alternatively, the raid could be fully appealed to by the players.
- The raid has 24 seconds to dispel 20 people. In theory, 5 players with perfect dissipation could dissipate 4 players, denying the mechanics.
- In reality, it is likely that each player will get only 3 sinks before the debuff expires.
- So to adopt this strategy, the raid back7 classes able to remove curses in its composition.
- We recommend that each "player" has three people to be sentenced to ensure that the entire raid is safe every time.
- As a reminder, the classes that can remove curses are: Druid, Mage, and Shaman.
- The benefits of this strategy are that players would not need to enter a zone (Spell #307839), allowing more production uptime.
- The disadvantage is that it requires many assignments and has a rather complicated attack composition requirement.
Currently, it is unclear which of the two strategies will be used.